Tips on Dressing for a Portrait
Here’s a question a lot of people ask (or should ask) when preparing to have their portrait. “What should I wear?” Not to worry. Here are a few tips to help you on your way towards getting great photos:
What To Wear
• Simple is good
• Avoid clothing with pictures, writing or large logos
• Wear long pants for men/ladies or a skirt below the knee
• Wear dark socks and footwear
• Keep jewelry simple
• Ladies, be aware that low necklines might be even more revealing a picture
• Keep it simple. Yes this one really is worth repeating. People want to see a picture of you. Let yourself be the star, not busy patterns and giant brand names written across your chest.
• Wear solid colors, preferably muted tones (neon colors probably aren’t the best choice)
• Darker colors can be more slimming (if you care about things like that) but wear whatever is the best color for you. You know, the one everyone compliments you on or makes you feel at your best.
Then again, Mimi also wasn’t afraid to be herself. So if you’re good ol “Keep Austin Weird” and love rocking your rubber duck earrings, crocheted tie dye t-shirt and paisley ascot along with your fish tank platforms, then throw all this out the window and let you freak flag fly. The most important thing is to be confident in yourself. You look great. I’m just here to help show everyone else.
Let’s hear from you.
What do you feel most confident wearing? Any fashion advice?